Production Process of Fiber Optic Patch Cord
The Workflow of Fiber Optic Patch Cord Assembling
Fiber Optic Cable Cutting
Fiber optic cable Cutting worker must obey the principle of Orientation for Cable Cutting. before cutting the cable, the worker must make sure that the specifications of the cable match the production plan order.
Fiber Optic Cable Length Tolerance:
Note: Inspector must check whether all cut cables meet the customer’s requirements and inspect the cable according to the orientation of the cable.
Fiber Optic Kits Assembling
- Kits must be put on in the following sequences：Boot→Jacket Ring→Crimping ring→Backpost Ring→Spring ( Figure -01).
2. Strip 3.0mm jacket of the fiber optic cable,stripped Length is 2.7cm(+-0.3cm),0.5cm for kevlar by Kevlar Scissor,1.4cm(+-0.1cm) for bare fiber（Figure-02).
3.Clean the fiber with non-woven wiper with alcohol
Note: Less than 10 mm of the buffer should be stripped off at a time.
1.Glue Mixing：Mix 353ND glue and solid catalyst with the portion of 10:1 in the beaker. Stir them in the direction of the clock uniformly, then put them in the vacuum pump for deairing.
2.Glue Injection: Load the mixed glue in the injector, and inject the glue from the tail till it comes out from interface of the ferrule.
3.Fiber Insertion: Dip the tissue in alcohol to wipe the fiber, then insert the fiber into the ferrule. In an effort to scatter the glue, spin the fiber while inserting.
4.Curing: Put the inserted ferrule on the oven. Normally, the temperature is set to 100 degree Celsius and the curing time is 20 minutes.
Note: IPQC must check the length of the fiber and fill out the Inspecting Record. Whether there’s glue on the interface of the ferrule is to be checked( If there is, it means that the glue fills up the inner space).
Fiber Optic Patchcord Assembling
- Put yarn evenly on back post ring and push kevlar ring on back post ring
- Cut apart the jacket with a knife into two pieces. Wrap them on the kevlar ring and put jacket ring on to it
- Put the connector on the crimping machine. Turn around the connector after each crimping
- Put on boot and housing. Check if housing is flexible
Note: Worker must fill in Assembling Note Sheet. Technical Department must adjust the craftsmanship based on this sheet Inspection patrolman is to sample the flexibility of kits and the pulling force of sample connectors.
1. Cut of the fiber which exceeds the ferrule, then abrade the glue gently with sandpaper.
2. Put the ferrule into the jig, adjust the polishing pressure and start polishing according to the orientation of polish:
For every batch of product, check whether 80% of the samples can pass interferometer inspection before massive polishing. If not, investigate the course and adjust the craftsmanship
3. Interface examine: Interface must be free from scratch, white dot or glue remnant
1. To guarantee the accuracy of the testing results, instruments must be calibrated by National Communication Organizations every year.
2. IL Test: Press “POWER” key and adjust the status to IL., connect end 1 of SC/PC patch cord to master SC/PC end, another end to POWER socket and the screen shows the IL of the end 1, change end 1 with end 2 to get the IL of end 2.
RL Test: Press “RL” key，connect end 1 to master, wind the cable at 15cm from the connector for 5 to 6 folds to get the RL of the end 1, change end 1 to end 2 to get the RL of the end 2.
After all the testing, the patch cords would be packed according to customers’ needs. Usually, each patch cord would be packed in one plastic bag, then 10-50pcs packed in Bubble Bag in order to keep it safer.