MTP Connector And MPO Connector
Is the MTP connector an MPO connector?
Yes. The MTP connector is a high performance MPO connector engineered for better mechanical and optical performance.
What makes the MTP connector superior to generic MPO connectors?
The MTP connector has features and benefits that are not available on generic MPO connectors. Some of the key distinctions include:
1. The MTP connector housing is removable. This feature allows the customer to:
Re-work and re-polish the MT ferrule
Change the gender after assembly or even in the field
Scan the ferrule interferometrically after assembly
2. The MTP connector offers ferrule float to improve mechanical performance. This allows two mated ferruled to maintain physical contact while under an applied load. (US Patent 6,085,003)
3. The MTP connector uses tightly held tolerance stainless steel guide pin tips with an elliptical shape. The elliptical shaped guide pin tips improves guidance and reduces guide hole wear. (US Patent 6,886,988)
4. The MTP connector has a metal pin clamp with features for centering the push spring. This feature:
Eliminates lost pins
Centers spring force
Eliminates fiber damage from spring
5. The MTP connector spring design maximizes ribbon clearance for twelve fiber and multifiber ribbon applications to prevent fiber damage.
6. The MTP connector is offered with four standard variations of strain relief boots to meet a wide array of applications.
Round, Loose Fiber Cable Constructions
Oval Jacketed Cable
Bare Ribbon Fiber
Short boot which reduces the footprint by 45%. Ideal for use in space limited applications.